RUG HOOKING - BACKGROUNDS POSITIVE or NEGATIVE

I am hooking away , a rare treat lately as life has been hectic . . . . . .
my teddy bear cookies rug is coming along and I am still on time to finish for 7th MAY Birthday! and . . . .
 the ST Henri Rug Hookers  Annual Exhibition 30 April to 8th MAY,here in Montreal!

I realize  that what I love most about  this rug I am doing is the BACKGROUND!
Yes surprise- I love hooking backgrounds . . . .
Is it the  Negative part of my design?One would never guess by my enthusiasm !!!
I am using  all textures in light-ish values  . .with a small bit of plain over dyed bits  . . . .painting with TEXTURES . . . . .I have not done this before and I am totally into it .The negatives of ones rug adds a whole other design element  .  .
NEGATIVE=POSITIVE today for me!

Comments

  1. Your joy and exuberance are infectious! I look forward to a photo of the painted background. I am hooking a lot too these days. I am finally on the final border of my big rug. Many circles to do--but like you, I love choosing the colours for each one.

    I am also going out to the sugar bush this afternoon--the sap has been pouring.

    happy hooking
    xine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful SUGARING OFF we are also getting ready to do that here in Quebec!Reminds me of a rug for tomorrows blog!THANKS!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!