DYED Old BLANKETS are USEFUL for Rug Hookers

JUST a SIMPLE Little DYED WOOL TEACOZY
Cut out a rectangle  of WOOL fabric(I used an old thick BLANKET)-length depending on size of teapot . . ..and cut a circle for the top . . .sew up on sewing machine . . .SPOT DYE it in a zip lock bag in the micro wave (with water added). .dry it over night . . ..then .cut holes for the spout and handle . . .tie a strip of # 10 cut wool around top knob of teapot and there you have it! . . .
a warm as toast pot of tea . . . . . . .
then give the cozy away to someone you love! 


Comments

  1. Hi Judith,
    I love this!! Would you consider giving a seminar where we could make this and learn to dye our piece of fabric. If it was held in the morning, I would make a quiche and bring wine to have for lunch afterwards. Wonder if you could get a few of us together to do this? ...or any other workshop that involved dyeing.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES of course if you are in MOntreal we can do a dye workshop in end MAY in the garden-HOW does that sound? . . . I made this tea cozy as a gift and now I know my friend will LIKE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!