MAUD LEWIS FOLK ARTIST


MAUD LEWIS HOUSE and a painting by FOLK Artist Fred Trask




Check out the story about Maud here

The real HOUSE that MAud Lewis lived in is here above in photo . . .yes it was that small . . .and magical . . .when I was a child I was taken by my parents to visit Maud and Everett every summer as she was about the only painter around and I loved to paint so we  always went went by when in town . . . . . .Everett took us to see his sweet peas in the back of the house and Maud sat in the corner painting all day . . . what I remember the most about her was that even though she was all bent over and never said a word  . . . .was her SMILE!!!!
She seemed to me to be the happiest person I had ever encountered ever in my life!!!Her stove was covered with tulips and her whole  little house with flowers and butterflies . . .. It was the most amazing house . . .just like in Hansel and Gretel I thought!In all those visits my parents bought only one painting(Unfortunately!!)but I do have it on my wall now . . ..
Below is a winter scene  painted also by a Digby NS folk artist called Fred Trask . . .I have yet to meet him   .. even though he is a relative . . .. . .   

Comments

  1. What a wonderful and colorful women besides being so humble! Aquainted with her work on a hooking trip to Halifax!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!