DYE DAY MONDAY

SO MANY COLOURS . . . . . . HELP !!!! . . . . .WHAT to CHOOSE ? ?

Dyeing wool is fun when you have a whole bolt of 100% Dorr WOOL . . .
it is exciting to say the least  . . . but   .  . . .which to choose?
I always find it a challenge when just dyeing for the fun of it to fill the stock shelf . . . so I pick one colour that seems to be missing and try to dye in several values from very PALE to DARK DARK  . . .
I look at colour charts (online sometimes)and see what I am missing and then try for that colour . . .. . . . usually ending up with something I would never have thought would be beautiful and it always is . . . .
so today is YELLOW MONDAY . . .it is a colour most people say they don't really like but then I find everyone LOVES yellow in a rug! .  .a nice warm  yellow is a comfort colour these cold last days of NOVEMBER . . . . .back to those pots . . . .

Comments

  1. Oh! I have been thinking of dying some wool as well (for my crochet) as it is so hard to obtain gradient colours in a large range of hues. I love getting the 'range' from dark to light. Fabulous! Have a great YELLOW day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!