HOOK a STORY- MEMORY RUG

SUTTON QUÉBEC FARM RUG

I am getting ready for my summer workshops in Nova Scotia  about story RUGS and came across this beauty hooked by a friend in Sutton  . . .


Everything in this mat has meaning for the hooker . . .it is large and now rests on her floor at the farm!Its a beauty! Bravo Margie!!!
Sorry , my photo does not do it justice!!!



A STORY RUG CAN  be APPROACHED FROM MANY DIFFERENT WAYS    IT Could BE :
-AN EMOTIONAL RUG
-A PERSONAL RUG or
NON PERSONAL-It doesn’t have to be your OWN STORY . .. it can be anyone elses story! 
It can be approached in an objective way
It could be a commemorative STORY
A MEMORY from CHILDHOOD
A WEDDING RUG. . . . . .. . 
Could be a SONG . . .
almost any rug  is in the end a STORY RUG I THINK!


PLEASE READ  to the TOP RIGHT of this BLOG for information regarding WORKSHOPS . . .Moose River - 8 July is FULL but I think Mahone Bay-22 July has place left . . . .
come down to the sea and play with us!

Comments