MORE LUPINS-Totally HOOKED!

Yes , I'm HOOKED on LUPINS

These  lupins were made  with #3 cut strips of spot dyed (by myself)- wool
 and 
hooked by my friend ,Bets of Sandy Cove Nova Scotia! 
This was a huge rug with a view of the cove . .I
 have only shown a small section here . . .great job Bets!

I myself prefer the  lupins hooked with strips of fabric rather than the roving as shown a few days ago in a post here. . .
because . . . for me . . .
 rugs are for the FLOOR and these Lupins would last  better hooked with wool fabric . . .
I love the gentle look also . . .
Notice the direction of hooking lines and how well they work  together here in the summer background . . .

Comments

  1. Beautiful. Lupins are always a great subject in any medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lupins are spot on! Thanks for your thoughts on using roving in rugs...I've been thinking it wouldn't wear very well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!