HAND KNITTING

WHAT to do WHEN YOU KNIT a SWEATER for GRANDCHILD
and she WONT WEAR IT  DUE to ITCHING WOOL! 


You would think  I would know this  after having a business for  25 years selling Kids  knit sweaters I designed and machine knit!!!and  therefore I would not carefully
 HAND spot DYE  
and then hand knit  a 100% wool sweater for my favourite little grandaughter!
 . . .but there I was in Paris  surrounded by the most  incredible  knitting shops . . ..  without all the rug stuff . . .and 
I needed something to do with the hands . ..  so I  knit it anyway  !
As a baby she had not  given any opinion as to itching  . .. but now she is 4 and
of course has very determined opinions . . .. 
OK. . .
I won't give up . . .
 I am  lining it -all by hand  . . .stitch by stitch . . .. since its a rainy day and she will be arriving here by the sea on saturday!
Its a soft  soft  washed already  flannelette . . . ..
 Its looking good!
Hoping she will wear it!
RESULTS to follow . . . .


Comments