RUG HOOKING DAILY Featured RUG HOOKER

REFRESHING  and INSPIRATIONAL Rugs 
I am showing today  these wonderful RUGS by Karen Bonia one of which(the last here) is the featured rug on Rug Hooking Dailys rug site today . . .
They all have her  style which is  charming and fun and exciting to look at . . . .I love the lines of colour and the spots here and there of reds and yellow . . .the primitive folk art quality gives them a self taught look - and whether she is or not is of no importance to me . . . .I just find them wonderful to look at! . . .maybe because I am a Maritimer from Nova Scotia  and they have that Newfoundland look to them!

The centre one has a Deanne Fitzpattrick influence but it is  hooked in Karens own style . . . not a copy of Deannes  style ,which one sees so often . . . . .. .
I look forward to seeing more of your work Karen!Bravo to you!!and I am sure they will love the HOMECOMING 2010 rug(centre) in NL this summer.




Comments

  1. Beautiful! I'm seriously contemplating making a "buck/deer" picture, for my daughter whom is an avid hunter...on a rug like these. Wish me luck...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!