BINDING a HOOKED RUG- more Hints

BINDING MEASURING BASICS


Measure the distance you need, making sure it is smaller than where you will cut off the backing , 
at the 1 inch spot here in photo . . .
the binding is larger so the cut edge will be underneath BINDING TAPE (which is 1 1/4 inches )when you are done.
I use  just a little stiff card paper to make my marker . NOTE**every style of finished edge is a different  measurement .. . .
check out yesterdays post  there are 3 examples . .
this is the best I can do to explain  . . .hope this helps to understand better . . . 
the blog format is not the best for teaching!
Here below . . . . is 
the  VIEW of the UNDERNEATH SIDE of my rug edge . . . . 
you can see that the dark green BINDING TAPE is larger than where I cut the linen backing. . . therefore will be hidden when binding is finally attached down to close my edge of rug . . . .
CORNERS are mitred yes . . . 

THUS is the final chapter in binding ones  rug with carpet tape!!
USEFUL INFO:*You can order  10 yard packages of various colours at Dorr rug hooking supply store in Guild NH . . .just google it . . .


Comments