BINDING a RUG

STARTING in a CORNER
I  finished the hooked edge of my latest rug with a # 10 cut (e.g. 1/2 inch wide) row all around the outside edge . . .the rest of my rug is in a #9 cut (e.g. 9/32nds of an inch)
If you are  also a quilter ,you would perhaps start to sew your binding on anywhere  BUT the CORNER!!!. . . but . . .
for a RUG:
if you  do start in a corner  for your rug  then you can neatly finish with  a mitre in the same corner and not have an ugly  seam on the side  length of your masterpiece . . .
Be sure to sew up tight and cozy to the last row of hooking so no backing will show!

Comments

  1. Hi Judith---I wouldn't call myself a hater of finishing rugs but.....not a big lover of it either. The photo says so much---what do you do with all the backing? How close do you cut it to the hooking? Do you miter the backing too?
    Any photos of what that looks like?
    Burma in SNOWY Vermont

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!