STEAM PRESSING to FINISH a HOOKED RUG

     HOW to STEAM PRESS A RUG
You can do it on the floor but an Ironing Board is easier if the rug is not too large . . .mine was large . . . so I got on the floor with a thick towel-(this protects the front side loops from getting squashed down)
-I put the rug face down so I could work on the back first.


I used a very wet old sheet . .don't ring it out as you need water for steam as much as you can make . . .
DONT IRON back and forth on the rug . . .you are steam ''PRESSING" . . .move your iron by lifting it up and then over to the next area to be steamed . . 
Be very careful to do all edges and corners well.


When done  . . .
turn the rug over and lightly (DONT PRESS DOWN this time)   lightly steam  all over rug.
Let dry overnight on a flat area . . .and you are ready to bind it or whip it  in whatever manner you have chosen.
This is a brief easy  uncomplicated way to steam your masterpiece . . .it will look amazingly wonderful when you are done!
For more detailed description of steaming a rug go to Cindy Gays web instructions!They may be a bit different but its basically the same info I think . . .. 
I shall post the rug  tomorrow if I finish that red line tonight after I am teaching a hooking class!
Stay tuned!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Message if you find me here!